Tuesday, November 1, 2011

If you can't buy it make it

I love dress forms! The funny thing is I have never been interested in one from a sewing standpoint. I sew but I don't make clothes. Dress forms appeal to me as a design element. I have wanted one for years but they are a bit pricey. This is where the title of my post comes in. I made two dress forms! One is a tabletop version the other is a life-size model of my eldest twin daughter. The tabletop version I made using the torso of a doll.

I use this one to display my rosaries and religious medals.
It wasn't terribly difficult to do.


The life size one I made using the duct tape over a t-shirt method. I used my daughter as the model. I stuffed her with poly-fil and made a base of plywood for her to sit on.(the dress form) not my daughter! It too was easy. I'm still looking for a finial to finish her with. I hope you enjoyed this. Remember, if you can't buy it, make it!
                                        Kathleen