Monday, August 22, 2011

Shades

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a great start to the week.
In my last post I showed you a light ,nightlight,lamp???( whatever you want to call it) that I made.Wee I thought I would follow that by showing you some lampshades I improved. Sorry I don't have before and after pics. These were all made before I started this blog.       
                                       
                                             
 This one reminds me of a corset.I know this doesn't fit this lamp. I placed it on here for the picture.I'm on the hunt for the perfect lamp for it.For this I cut strips of a satin sheet and just tied them.
 My bedroom shades look like whipped topping. I ruffled sheer curtains that I cut into strips
   I saved my favorite for last! This lampshade was stripped of the outer fabric and then covered with pieces from a Quaker lace tablecloth.


Have a great week!
Kathleen