Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall wreath

Hello and welcome. In my last post I showed my palette for Fall decorating. This year i decided I wanted to make some kind of wreath to hang in my living room. I don't have a mantle,but wanted a focal point. What to make?....I turned to the one place I go to(everyone else does too) Pinterest!I fell in love with a corn husk wreath! Perfect color, just enough texture,and best of all inexpensive. There is a link on Pinterest to a wonderful blog called Lakeshore cottage living, where you will find a great tutorial!


It was extremely easy. Just what I was looking for.



Here's a little tip if you decide to try this...I had no luck finding corn husks in any regular grocery store.Try an ethnic grocery store.They had the corn husks in a huge bag for less than five dollars.I have a ton left,and will be thinking of some other projects to use them on.
                                                           Kathleen