Monday, June 25, 2012

It's ok to Point, if it's a Sign...

    Hi, blog buds!
    I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. I am finally seeing the end of the tunnel on the kitchen redo. I still have all those little things to finish like handles, and the hutch needs to be painted. I was running out of steam and needed a break. I took the weekend off to enjoy spending time with the family. I will hopefully regroup this week and get it wrapped up.
    I love to do all kinds of crafty things but I really love painting signs. The Graphics Fairy provides me with so much inspiration! I am surely not a professional. I try to keep my signs simple.This was made for my screened porch.





    I used the top of an antique sewing machine. It was already pretty aged so I didn't have to do much distressing. I printed out the pointing finger from the graphics fairy, then I coated the back with chalk. Pencil would not have been easy to see. The word I printed out from a font on my computer.I traced everything onto the wood and then painted it all in. It  reminds me of coloring when I was a kid. Stay in the lines and be neat..





    I thought the galvanized bucket and antique iron went with the vibe of the sign.












    Artsy shot courtesy of  Picmonkey.:)

    I hope you enjoyed my sign!


                                                   Thanks for letting me share,
                                                                     Kathleen


I'll be linking up at:   Graphics Fairy LLC : Brag Monday
                               Between Naps on the Porch: Metamorphosis Monday
                               Kathe With an E: You're Gonna Love it Tuesday
                               Claiming Our Space: Tout It Tuesday
                               Savvy Southern Style: Wow Us Wednesday
                               2805: Potpourri Friday
                               My Romantic Home: Show and Tell Friday
                               French Country Cottage: Feathered Nest Friday