Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hi ya' doll...

Hello everyone! I'm back. I won't bore you with the details, lets just say life, health issues, and well life, got in the way for a while. I'm pushing through and things are starting to get back to normal.
 I am here to share a project with you. A few months ago, I purchased a life size doll at the thrift store. I had a special project in mind when I purchased her. While working on this special project (details of this will be finished soon) I had an AHA moment!



There she is Miss Dishtowel America! Great look I know. She needed to be decent for photos so out came the dishtowel. I think she's workin' it! Little does she know, she is about to be disassembled.   I needed her parts you see. Remember the special project. As I was looking at the parts it hit me, Santos hands!!!!
 I cut her hands off, (This post sounds horribly macabre) and painted them with acrylic paints.

                                                                      Before painting.



 It wasn't complicated. I chose browns for a base so the hands would look like wood. then I mixed a taupey (is that a word?) flesh tone. Then I covered it all with watered down grey paint that I wiped off with a damp towel. It was a simple project. Now I just need to figure out how to make a Santos doll. Hmmmmm!



Here they are displayed with some lovely creamy roses Mr. 10*4 (the hubby) gave me, just because. And my Valentines gift. An antique rosary from Italy. Yeah, he's a keeper!!;)







 Note- Nothing  with actual feelings was harmed during the making of this project. This doll has helped many projects with it's generous donation. :)

                                Thanks for letting me share. Kathleen
                                                                 
I'll be joining in at -  Between Naps on the Porch Met Monday
                              Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
                              it all started with paint: it's a cinch link party