Friday, December 2, 2011

Three years in the making..

Yes, three years. I have wanted to make this tree, but I couldn't figure out the details. Then I found a tutorial from Dollar store crafts . It was exactly what I had envisioned. Once I had the form made then the fun began. I had always envisioned a book page feather tree. I can now say my vision came true!

It looks a little like a Charlie Brown tree with the brown ornaments. I am going to make new ornaments for it when I have a spare moment. I want to use book pages,  vintage images, and maybe sheet music. I would also like to find some mercury glass ornaments and a topper. all this may have to wait until after the holidays. The time passes so fast.
                                                                            
                                                                                      
I also made the garland that is on the tree. I am planning on possibly opening an etsy shop sometime next year. I missed this holiday season but hope to make a bunch for next year.
                                                                                   
 I am very happy to be finally finished with this tree.  Now I need to heal the glue gun burns so I can move on to the next project! Thanks for letting me share,
                                            Kathleen