Thursday, December 22, 2011

New stockings for this Christmas!

Well everyone, Christmas  is very near! I have some baking left and a little wrapping to do. I better get a move on it! Last weekend the itch to sew hit. Quaker lace tablecloths are my favorite. I have one in my stash that I already recovered a lampshade in click here if you want to see that. Because it is so busy around here I wanted the sewing project to be a quick one. I decided to make a couple of  Christmas stockings to match my more neutral palette this year.


I should have stuffed them with something, they wouldn't hang straight for some reason.


The stocking body is made of drop cloth. The cuff is made with satin and the overlay is the Quaker lace tablecloth.
It was a quick and easy project. It satisfied that itch, if you know what I mean :). Sadly I don't have a mantle, so the stockings are hung from an antique sideboard. I will have to take some larger room shots after the holidays. I know how everyone enjoys full room views. In my case it will be shoebox views, my house is VERY tiny.
Merry Christmas everyone!  Thanks for letting me share.
 I will be joining in at : My Romantic Home Show and Tell Friday