Saturday, May 26, 2012

A reasonable facsimile...

Hello everyone! Today, I am sharing another project. I love ironstone, and I also love butter slabs. They are very costly if you can find an antique one! There is a company that makes replicas on the web.Joanne Hudson
I love the one for sale there, but it is a little costly for my budget. Yes, you can probably see where this post is headed. I decided to try and make a butter slab. I searched around  thrift stores until I found a round Pyrex casserole dish. It was chartruse, so I painted it with white spray paint. I also purchased some letter stickers from Hobby Lobby and viola a butter slab!






Okay, one of the "T's" is a little crooked. I ran out of the stickers, and need to go back to Hobby Lobby.(just ignore that)














This was a simple project! It turned out just as I pictured it in my head. I am now on the hunt for more casserole dishes.

                                        Thanks for letting me share,
                                                             
                                                                           Kathleen

I'll be linking up at :  Between Naps on the Porch- Metamorphosis Monday
                               Cozy Home Scenes - Your Cozy Home Party
                               Kathe With an E : You're Gonna Love it Tuesday
                               Savvy Southern Style: Wow us Wednesday
                               Debbiedoos : Newbie Party
                               My Romantic Home: Show and Tell Friday